Vintners' Hall is decorated with many fine wood carvings.
In the Hall, the sword rest, of 1705 that is still in use today, is intricately carved with vines and the arms of Sir Thomas Rawlinson (Lord Mayor at the time and a past Master), the City and the Company. Shields of the coats-of-arms of Liverymen line the ceiling cornices of the Hall and the Court Room. The main staircase remains much as it was when it was built in the 1670s. The carving was done in 1673 by a craftsman called Woodroffe to whom the Company paid £38 19s. 6d. for his work. Of particular charm is the ornamental finial in the form of a lion holding the royal arms of King Charles II.